Step 1: How To Measure
- Measure inside width, height and depth (A, B , C ).
- Measure the width between the bottom hinges (the opening D) to determine size of spacer required. Measure the height between the base of the cabinet and the bottom of the hinge. Can a ball bearing slide fit under the hinge? If not, make a note as the width of the drawer will need to be reduced.
- Measure the height below the hinge. Must beat least 1 3/4″ (measurement E in diagram).
- Note the number of doors in the cabinet (single or double).
- There are 2 installation methods we may recommend – fixed shelf mount or side wall mount. Fixed shelf does not require levelling but reduces usable height of cabinet.
- Get an Instant Quote.
A is measurement from wall to wall – width
B is measure from base to top of cabinet – height
C is measurement from front to back of cabinet-depth
D is opening- the measurement between hinges or if only 1 door measure between hinge and cabinet wall.
E is measurement below the hinge (must be at least 1 3/4″)
The width of our drawer is custom made to fit your cabinet. We do not recommend manufacturing a drawer less than 6” or greater than 35” width. Drawer dimension may need to be smaller due to intrusions, like electrical wiring, boxes or plumbing. It is important that cabinet doors open at least 90 degrees, so the drawer will slide out unhindered. Always provide a clear cabinet opening when ordering and we’ll adjust for hardware and spacers required. Ball bearing slides require 1” of space and Blum Tandem & Movelto 3/8”. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a standard height for mounting door hinges. Ball bearing slides require 1 ¾” vertical space below hinges. If this space is not available, you need to install slides in front of hinges using larger spaces or re-drill hinge cavity higher up in cabinet.
Depth of drawer is dependant on availability of slides. 10” to 28” is current standard.
I recently used Peter at Custom Slideout Shelves and was thrilled with the drawers he designed and installed for me in my closet. I had costume jewellery all over and now have it all organized and laid out in my new drawers. He and his installer were punctual and cleaned up completely. I would recommend him highly.
If you are looking for an economical way to organize your shelves and add value to your home, take a good look at our pull out pantry and sliding shelf solutions. For more information, or to schedule a FREE in-home consultation, please fill out the form to the right or call us at 647-244-4834.
GOVERNMENT SENIORS REBATE Program - Save up to 15%!
We offer a simple install with video instructions
Our birch drawers are manufactured in Quebec with solid 5/8″ sides using dovetail construction
We supply all screws, spacers, and slides to complete installation
We ship throughout Canada
DIY - Save $40 per drawer